I’m so proud of these cupcakes. Mostly because I googled “Marzipan Football” and nothing came up. So I like to think that I’ve beaten some kind of new path here in the cupcake world. That may or may not be true, but I think I would like to leave it at that. Play by play:
A) Green Grass
- Swiss Butter Cream Frosting. Emphasis on the Butter. Went into OT on creaming it, but it was worth pushing through the appearance of curdling. The smoothy texture made a comeback in the end.
- BOO YA on that glorious green color. So turf-y.
- So excited about using the X-mas present from Madie – Couldn’t have done this without my cake decorating set J
B) Yellow Buttermilk Cupcakes
- Fluffy, buttery, and not dry. Winner Winner Chicky Wingy Dinner.
- Cake flour (non-self rising)… Fun Fact: you can so easily MAKE YOUR OWN. Every 1 cup of cake flour = 1 cup of all-purpose flour minus 2 tablespoons of the all-purp and add 2 tablespoons of corn starch. Voila!
C) Little Footballs
- Made o MARZIPAN. Yum.
- That color, btw, not easy… but pretty darn good from just Red Yellow and Blue, right? Cole and I made a good team effort there.
D) D. For Doody. And last, but not least, the “special cupcake” made “e-special-ly” for my “special dad”. Sorry, everyone else, but we couldn’t resist. I know he will cry tears of laughter and pride and joy when he sees this.